We'd like to make this website as useful as possible for you. We've included information and links that we hope will be useful - but it might be that you need some help to make the most out of this information.
If you're having problems reading this site, there's a bit of software that you can download, which will read the words out loud to you when you hover your mouse over them!
What's even better is that lots of other websites are using this now, so once you've downloaded the software once, it'll work on other sites, such as Google, BBC, NHS, BT, Highland Council, Yahoo, MSN and piles of others!!
Click on the link above and follow these instructions:
Firstly, choose whether you want to download for a PC or a Mac. If you're not sure, you've probably got a PC (unless it has a little picture of an apple on it). Click either PC or Mac.
Then you'll be asked "is your computer behind a corporate firewall?" If it's your computer at home, then it wont be, so select No. If you're not at home, ask someone, just to make sure. Then click the Download button.
- A window will then pop up like below. Click Run:
- Then another box will pop up - click Run:
How To Use The Forum
A forum is a way of having discussions about all sorts of things on the internet.
Where To Find Our Forum:
There are many different links to the Leaving Home in the Highlands forum.
- there is a link to it at the very top of the website, next to the A-Z Directory.
- there is a link to it on our Homepage.
- and, there is a link on this page too! Click on the blue icon above.
Once you have clicked on this link/icon you will be taken straight into the Forum where you will able to look at all the different discussions that are taking place, on loads of different topics.
To start taking part and write your own messages you have to register.
How to Register:
- On the top left hand corner of the forum page there are links that says (Logon/Register).
- Click on Register.
- You will then be asked to tick a box that says 'I Agree to the Terms of the Above'.
- There is quite alot of writing here but don't worry about it, or let this put you off signing up.
All this says is that you agree not to post anything you shouldn't - for example, things that might upset other people, or something that might invade someones privacy.
There are three bits of information you need to type in on this
- In the first box, type in the number code that is next to this box.
-Your Username; you can write your own name for this, or you can make up something completely different
- Finally, type in your existing email address.
Once you've written those in then just press SUBMIT.
You will then be sent an email with a temporary password. To change your password to one you will remember more easily click on CONTROL PANEL